Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I Gotta Love That Keeps Me Waiting

I haven't talked about my model casting yet so this is what I'm going to talk about today. Last Wednesday, A. accompanied me to the auditions for a runway show for some college graduates that studied fashion. There weren't any restrictions for me to participate except the height which is good and I only had to bring high heels to strut my stuff in front of the judges.

We got there and we had to wait in this classroom filled with people. People who knew they were beautiful and had potential to model. They laughed really loudly as if to say: "Look at us we are so funny and cool!" I wasn't intimidated by that, instead I was laughing about with A. When I finally got my number called, I went to this other room to get my measurements and picture taken. I made a pretty awkward pose but I was filled with confidence so that's all that counts. Then, I went back to the classroom only to get my number called again. This time, I had to wait half an hour in a hallway sitting next to all these people who were waiting to enter the next room. At this point, I was getting a little nervous because I knew my time to shine was around the corner. While I sat there, I looked at the people around me who all seemed extremely relaxed. I understood why when I peaked at the resumé of the women sitting next to me. Beside the question asking about our experience in the business it was written: "Miss Canada 2010". It dawned on me that this show meant a lot to me, but for most people they just wanted the money.

Finally, I got into the room where four judges sat. One was a phony lady in her late 40's, the one next to her was a younger woman with a very friendly face, the third one I didn't even notice and the fourth one was this Asian woman that was holding an Ipad in front of her face. I was really nervous at this point, but the older women made me feel better when complimenting my ballerina-like outfit. I then told them this was my first time so I didn't quite know how the whole process worked. They were very patient with me and told me that I would have to strut down to the front of the room and back a few times. I got to the back and one of the judges noticed I wasn't wearing the right type of heels. They wanted me to wear stilettos, so they gave me some that were too big. It was that or my feet were squished in some size 8 shoes. When the music started I started walking to the beat with loads of confidence almost falling once because of the big shoes. After, they told me they'd send me an email in the next two weeks to tell me if I got the job or not.

Over and all, this was an interesting experience. I always wanted to do something like this. If I don't get the gig, I won't be sad, because I know I will have the opportunity to try again.

The pictures you are gonna see today were taken while talking about the casting with L. I showed her a little how I paraded around and we goofed off a little.








Shirt: Aroona
Dress: Vintage
Crown: DIY
Heels: Jeffrey Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment