Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I'll Ascend The Sunny Hillpath

As you know, I spent all of last week at R.'s cottage relaxing and learning a bunch of new skills which included eating none stop, watching Avatar (the children's show) and much more. Let's put the situation in context. We started off the week by jumping in the lake and saying goodbye to the parent's that were about to live us all alone most of our stay there. Some people might think that leaving three girls in a cottage for 5 days means "Party!", but for us it meant extreme laziness and eating.

On the other hand, I did learn something new almost everyday. First, I learned to play tennis. It was a failure, but that's ok, I didn't expect to be like Serena Williams (is that her name?). Anyways, I then proceeded to learn how to do a handstand. It was also not very successful, but I managed...with a little help from my friends! In the meantime, S. and R. started playing the ukulele. I later learned how to dive. I wasn't too bad... I think. Also, S. learned how to fish and she actually caught a big one that we later ate. We hadn't planned to eat it, but it was dying anyways, so we killed it. On our last day without the parents, we climbed the mountain nearby. It was lots of fun, but I discovered the limits of my sick body. That's pretty much everything we did. Well, there's more, but I don't want to bore anyone.

Usually, I'd finish my post here, but I absolutely have to talk about where we were. So, the cottage was situated next to an all-girls summer camp that somehow reminded me of Moonrise Kingdom's scout camp. To add to that Wes Anderson vibe, I also spent a lot of time watching the campers with binoculars searching for a girl I knew was working there. Then, if you took a step back and looked at the scenery you could almost perceive Twin Peak's mountains. I especially got the impression of being there when we walked down the highway. I hope you enjoy this post as much as I enjoyed being there.















No comments:

Post a Comment