Thursday, August 15, 2013

Following The Neon Signs

Another year of Family Camp has just gone by and I'm in withdrawal once again. So, as you might remember me mentioning, I've been going to this awesome buddhist camp for about 11 years now and every time I go there I have special experiences. This year I learned so many things which I didn't think was possible in only nine days.

I went to Family Camp this summer feeling vulnerable and a little sad. I didn't feel like fit in with my usual friends. I loved them with all my heart, but they were so energetic and upbeat, and I was the absolute contrary. I started feeling lonely in the first few days and wanted to go home, but some people came along and made me want to stay. I had known these people for a few years but I hadn't got to know any of them very well. They kind of took me under their wing and reminded me how to be myself. This might sound dumb, but it was the first time in years that I had felt like I was in the right place with the right people. It was beautiful! We hung out, drove around, danced, talked, laughed and had a glowstick war. I even met a new girl who absolutely blew my mind. I had never met a person who had all the aspect I ever looked for in a friend. I hope I get to see her again as well as all the others. I couldn't of asked for better people to be with. Thanks S, M, T, B and G for this wonderful Family Camp!

On a totally opposite note, unlike last year, I wore many beautiful outfits this year, but I didn't get the chance to take pictures of them. I will try recreating them throughout the next few months. Also, the purple/pink hair has given me confidence to be who I want to be, which means: more outrageous outfits! Yay!








(Photos by Max Gilkerson, me and another camper)

2 comments: